Single stage freshwater generator
Alfa Laval’s unique AQUA plate technology enables the conversion of seawater into fresh water in a single stage. It can be found in the range of Alfa Laval AQUA Blue freshwater generators, which minimize the space, pumping needs and electrical power requirements for producing fresh water.
Superior efficiency with 3-in-1 plate technology
- Vacuum distillation in a single plate pack
- Half the seawater flow and pumping needs of other freshwater generators
- Thermally driven process requiring little electrical power
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Smaller pipework with reduced cost
AQUA plate technology results in uniquely compact and efficient freshwater generators. The 3-in-1 AQUA plates, which are hung within a frame to form a single plate pack, handle all three aspects of vacuum distillation: evaporation, separation and condensation. This single-stage process cuts seawater flow needs in half, which minimizes pumping requirements, electrical power consumption and related CO2 emissions. For shipyards, the smaller dimensions of piping and valves also reduce installation work and costs.